Conducting Flight Risk Assessments
Many pilots use a Flight Risk Assessment Tool (FRAT) to assess risks associated with common operating hazards relating to:
- Environment; and
- Arrivals and departures.
A FRAT tool helps pilots see potential hazards and may assist them in devising effective strategies to mitigate risk.
The main value of this free FRAT tool is:
- Evaluates flight risk against a template;
- Emails PDF risk assessment to user;
- Allows managers to see the value of FRATs; and
- Helps establish a repeatable business process.
Flight risk assessments are critical to the success of many aviation SMS programs. They demonstrate to pilots that management strongly supports your safety culture.
This FRAT software is based on SMS Pro's FRAT, which:
- Is highly configurable;
- Allows storage of all FRATs;
- Automates arrival and departure risks; and
- Escalates FRATs to proper channels based on risk.
Site content provided by Northwest Data Solutions is meant for informational purposes only. Opinions presented here are not provided by any civil aviation authority or standards body.
Please Share if You Find This Helpful