Reviewing Safety Accountabilities
Safety managers benefit from looking at samples from other safety manuals. A template is a great starting point to get over writers' block and to ensure you are not missing anything.
Safety accountabilities occasionally require review to ensure that they remain current and relevant to your organization's complexity. Safety managers have a few options when reviewing their safety accountabilities, including:
- Comparison with other companies' safety documents;
- Review of current risk management literature; and
- Sample duties & responsibilities templates (like the one offered).
The main value of these sample safety accountabilities is:
- Saves time reviewing your safety accountabilities; and
- Helps establish new safety accountabilities for new SMS programs.
Safety accountabilities are documented at the beginning of every aviation SMS program. In identifying the safety accountabilities of all members of the management team, the accountability framework is clear throughout the organization. But you should not stop at management, but continue on to the employee level.
Site content provided by Northwest Data Solutions is meant for informational purposes only. Opinions presented here are not provided by any civil aviation authority or standards body.
Please Share if You Find This Helpful